cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk space full with online only syncing

Disk space full with online only syncing

paigewilliamson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Everything in my dropbox folder is set as online only for syncing. However I can no longer save a file to the drop box as it is saying my disc space is full.

I thought online only with smart sync means nothing is stored on your computors hard drive. Where am I going wrong?

10 Replies 10

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello Editrix1

Thanks for clarifying things.  The action that you describe shouldn't change the settings from online to local.   I was explaining that if you click on the file itself, it will change it from online to local.  It will change it to local and then you would have to manually change it back to online after that.

It sounds like that you did not click on the file but you just right clicked the file to bring up the contextual menu to see the status, correct?

if it changed on that action, then something wrong.  Did you notice what badge is shown on that file?  is it a grey type cloud or is it green?

If it is indeed changing on just right-clicking the file then I suggest reinstalling Dropbox.  I just did some test on my PC and it doesn't change it by the contextual menu.

Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
    Editrix1 New member | Level 2
    Editrix New member | Level 2
    ejroihkn Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?