Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox Deleted data After Changing Email Password

New member | Level 2

I need assistance regarding my dropbox account, I have reset my email account password after forgeting the password, but upon login with the new password all my folder where missing and the account appears to be a new account.

How do I restored the old data files

3 Replies

Re: Dropbox Deleted data After Changing Email Password

Dropboxer

Hi @merchantlogixbw, thanks for checking in about this!

Are you by any chance logging in to an account that is under a different email? You can confirm each account's email/username via the General tab in the settings of the website.

Alternatively, was the the same account perhaps deleted due to inactivity? If so you may have received emails from us about this. In this case using the same email address again would be creating a new account, under the old email.

Let me know if this helps at all!

New member | Level 2

Hi Celeste2,

Thank you for your response,

The account in question was linked to HikVision Cloud Storage for cctv system, and the account was not deactivated as do no recall recieving any notifications to the effect.

When I tried to access the system after forgetting the password, I did reset the password and on loggin it created a new account and all my pertinent data was gone, they has been a breakin and I am desparate to recover the files linked to the account.

Please assist.

Dropboxer

Thank you for the detailed info, @merchantlogixbw

I have reached out to you via email just now, to the email associated with your Community profile, so that we can look into this directly for you.

If you could keep an eye out for my email and send me a quick reply when you can, so that we can investigate further. 

Thank you!

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Deleted data After Changing Email Password
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post