cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Says It's "Out Of Space"

Dropbox Says It's "Out Of Space"

Harold W.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

...but it's not! It says I'm only using 41.3% of 7.0 GB! Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Is this message in an email? If so it could be fake. Forward it to abuse@dropbox.com.

If the message is coming from the Dropbox client or webpage, then you must be over your limit. You can see how much space you have and how much is in use on your Account page. Note that Basic accounts get 2GB to start, not 5GB.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vivek K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

my space just "got reduced". I had 12gb and now i'm down to 4gb for no reason. having same issue

Nacho A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The "Space Race" offer expired, so the storing capacity has been automatically reduced

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Vivek - the reason is Space race expired. So your quota was, rightly, reduced.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Bobbi B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I get message that my dropbox is over it's space limit but I'm using 7.2GB and I should have 5GB as basic and it says I've earned 3.25GB by getting new users.  So how can I get it to realize I'm not over limit?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Is this message in an email? If so it could be fake. Forward it to abuse@dropbox.com.

If the message is coming from the Dropbox client or webpage, then you must be over your limit. You can see how much space you have and how much is in use on your Account page. Note that Basic accounts get 2GB to start, not 5GB.

Tonya W.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem on my laptop. I have the 1TB account, but it tells me from the app on the laptop using Windows 10 that I have used all 2GB. I have tried linking it and it fails every time. However, when I go to the website, it shows I have the 1TB. Can anyone tell me a way to get it to work? The steps I've found here are not working.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you log on and see 2gb you are logging in with a different account to the one your 1TB is stored on. You can prove that by logging in and going to the Dropbox home page from the app/client and it will have different data. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Tonya W.2 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Bobbi B.2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?