Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox files less than 2gb but still shows I am "over my limit"

New member | Level 2

I deleted almost every folder, file, shared folder on my dropbox, in order to access shared folders that I currently don't have access to because my "dropbox is full". 

I have the free dropbox account which maxes out at 2gb. It shows I still have 8gb worth of stuff on my dropbox, which is just simply untrue. I deleted some stuff a month ago and it still says the same thing. What is still on my dropbox and the shared folders I am trying to access do not add up to the alleged 8gb. They are altogether less than 2gb and I should be able to access them. 

What is going on. I don't know what else to do and I refuse to pay for a plan. Can someone from Dropbox please fix this. My "Plan" page doesn't go into specifics about what is taking up space other than "Regular Files", most of which I have deleted (permanently deleted) so this is just untrue. 

This is very annoying please help. 

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Dropbox files less than 2gb but still shows I am "over my limit"

Dropboxer
Hi there @Ursula1, if you find that your shared folders aren’t the ones taking up the majority of your storage, you can check out the size of your personal folders by:
  1. Signing in
  2. Clicking on the Files tab. 
  3. Selecting one of the filtering columns to show Size
  4. Check-marking the box that appears on the left of the folders when you hover over them. 
  5. Clicking on the Calculate size option on the right-hand side of your screen. 
Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Thanks, I also already did that. I've seen what the largest files are (there are only 3 folders on my dropbox right now). The largest folder is literally 203KB.

I'm just going to have to call dropbox and get someone to help me manually, I think. I think it is a glitch from their end.

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me, @Ursula1, and sorry to hear that you’re still having some trouble with this. 

I was able to locate your open communication from my end and can see that you’re in touch with a member of my team, so I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to them.

Let me know of any updates on this!

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Dropboxer

Hey there @Ursula1  - were you able to resolve your concern in the end and if so, how?

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox files less than 2gb but still shows I am "over my limit"
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post