Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox says I don't have enough space to add a folder, even though I do have enough

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I want to add a folder that was shared with me, but when I try to do so, Dropbox gives me a message saying that I do not have enough space for the folder. I checked with the person sharing the file and found out that the folder is only about 20 MB. I currently have 95 MB of storage available. Why can't I add this folder? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply

Re: Dropbox says I don't have enough space to add a folder, even though I do have enough

Dropboxer

As a first step, could you double-check the size of the shared folder in question by:
  1. Navigating to the Sharing tab on the website.
  2. Clicking Add next to the shared folder that you want to have access to.
  3. From there, you should be able to see the size of the folder on the pop up window. 
If not, could you please send us a screenshot of what you see instead (without any personal info)?

Thanks in advance! slightly smiling face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox says I don't have enough space to add a folder, even though I do have enough
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post