cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message, when I have plenty of space

Lying email. Why do you say I have no space when I do?

Fullbore
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using 2.81 GB of 6.75 GB so why did dropbox send this email-

This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features.

72 Replies 72

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Why am I getting a Dropbox almost full email?  It even says it won't save any new changes.  Is this spam?  I am using less than half of my Dropbox space.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Bob S.15, thanks for reaching out to us with this!

Just as a side note, I've merged your post here as it pertains to the issue described here and so I can point you to the accepted solution here. It seems we had a technical issue and Ross has explained this in a bit more detail.

Sorry for any confusion caused by this and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gunso
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here, I'm only using 45% of my space but I got that same email.  I assume this is Dropbox's latest push to get rid of non-business users.  If so, I'm more than willing to leave.  I have been thinking about dumping dropbox because I already have space on Onedrive and Amazon Drive for less money.

Mark_UK
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Gunso wrote:

Same here, I'm only using 45% of my space but I got that same email.  I assume this is Dropbox's latest push to get rid of non-business users.  If so, I'm more than willing to leave.  I have been thinking about dumping dropbox because I already have space on Onedrive and Amazon Drive for less money.

@Gunso The cause of these emails was solved several hours ago, click "Solved! Go to solution", this link is clearly displayed throughout this topic

soundtemple
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just got an email saying :warning: Your Dropbox needs more space!

`This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features.`

Yet my account shows I have only used 44.1% of 5.5Gb used....Whats going on?

Is Dropbox trying to scam me into upgrading?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@soundtemple wrote:

I just got an email saying :warning: Your Dropbox needs more space!

I've merged your post into this thread. This is already resolved. Refer to Ross' response above.

Witold
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I second opinion of Anna N.3

AllenTorres
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i use dropbox for integrate domain but after few its say my space is over and its asking for upgrade to paid package codeinedosage  even its not opening 

gkzsolt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

Yesterday I get a message saying

"Your Dropbox is almost full: 5% of storage space available"

"This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features."

But on my personal account Plan page (https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan), it shows the following:

Personal Dropbox space:  Using 2.51 GB of 5.25 GB

Regular files (1.68 GB)  Shared files (847.15 MB)  Unused space (2.74 GB)

Is something wrong with the Accounts ability to count?

Witold
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The previous message states: "I've merged your post into this thread. This is already resolved. Refer to Ross' response above.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Accounts-billing/Lying-email-Why-do-you-say-I-have-no-space-when-I-d..."

Unfortunately, that's not true! The real problem is that Dropbox deliberately provides false information to its users with an intention which is easy to guess: to scare users and to provoke them to make the wrong financial decisions (in many countries this is a crime!).
The error in the software led to a situation where many people got aware of that fact and reacted with the complaints. However, responses from Dropbox representatives here suggest that they don't see anything unethical with such procedure and that users with less than 20% of free space will still receive a false warning about the risk of... no, the certainty of loss of their data attempted to store in Dropbox. That shold change. The way to make the message clear and true was suggested in one of posts of the thread.

Need more support?