cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox is full

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I also did receive a Dropbox full message with downgrade to basic.

I received an email this morning stating that Dropbox has tried several times to collect a Monthly fee of 9.99.

In reality I have paid for a year ending not before end of November.

Urgent help required!

I can not use Dropbox anymore.

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there

When did you start getting the message that your account is full? Was it just recently or did you always get that message?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Wonkieinc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I initially got the message when my dropbox was actually full, but then I deleted a lot of my data and the error now comes up permanently

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
oh, I see. If you log on dropbox.com from another browser, will it still show you the message?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Unfortunately no result. I tried logging in with Firefox. Same message: 

"Je Dropbox zit vol. Upgrade nu voor 1 TB (1000 GB) opslagruimte en functies voor delen."

I remember that a few days ago I changed the name of the account (because Dropbox allows it). The email address was NOT changed. Could this be the cause?

Year payment has been made and runs until end of November 2017. 

Hope you can help me soon!
Thanks in advance, Jan Kerdel.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Because you've mentioned that you're getting the error message on your account online, would you mind letting me know what you can see once you have a look at your Account tab? From there, you can also check whether there is an active subscription connected to your email for this account. 

If you need additional assistance, I’d like to ask you to raise a ticket with our team, so that we access your payment information. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I search up your request internally on our system and make sure a colleague handles it as soon as possible. 

@Wonkieinc I have moved your thread here, so that you check the steps below:

1. Unlink account

2. Reboot

3. Uninstall Dropbox

4. Reboot

5. Reinstall Dropbox: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full (Windows)

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=mac&type=full (Mac)

6. Relink account

Let me know how the options above work for you, I’ll be awaiting your replies here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

On every product I use it says the Dropbox is full. Android, PC-App,on 2 PC's, Browser etc.

Do you still want me to unlink, because it means I will have to relink manually on every linked device and app. Hell of a job.

Please advise.

Best regards, Jan.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Apologies for the misunderstanding, this set of steps was for @Wonkieinc, who mentioned that he received the notification on his desktop. 

Because you’re getting this message online,

would you mind letting me know what you can see once you have a look at your Account tab? From there, you can also check whether there is an active subscription connected to your email for this account. 

Let me know what you see there in your next message!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

[ removed content ]

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey KERDÉL_BD, I've removed the screenshots because they showed your email address.

I know you probably just wanted to help make it easy to identify the issue but surfacing email addresses on public forums like this one can be dangerous and is not recommended by Dropbox.

Reading through your previous descriptions, it could be that you have two different Dropbox accounts under two different emails.

You mentioned that you paid yearly, but that there were emails stating we were unable to charge you the monthly fee. If you could find the yearly charge on your credit card statement, you should be able to use our self-serve lookup tool to identify which email address is linked to that yearly subscription: https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

Hope that helps!

Need more support?