cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox is full

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

HI DD1,

Looking at my bank account I changed payment to yearly payment end of November 2016. Before that date I have paid on a monthly basis.
What suprises me is the there's no statement € 9.99 in the month October 2016. Could the reason be that one payment is still open? Maybe thats the reason my account is locked.

I tried to identify payments at the web page as you suggested. It needs a 12 position code, while on my bank account only 8 positions are shown. Sorry.

Anyway, I hope this takes us a step further.

Regards, Jan.

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hm while it's unlikely, it's not impossible. Would you mind opening up a ticket at https://www.dropbox.com/support, so we can look into this in more detail?

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Shure, no problem. What catergory (path) should I select (your site offers 8 selections)

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Have you submitted a ticket? If not, you can just choose the Desktop category, and then Get help with other issue. Please make sure to enter all the relevant information, including the Subject. Our team will make sure it gets to the right queue!

Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

KERDÈL_BD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The problem is solved in the meantime (8 days ago).

The Dropbox financial system did not discover that a payment (automatic) failed. The system reacted to this only one year after this occured! Meanwhile a new yearly agreement, which was paid for and running for almost a year, was not discovered as a vital sign that the account should not be degraded. This happened anyhow.

Having found no clear entrance to report my problem (Dropbox support is very difficult to reach), the only way was to go over the Dropbox community. It was picked up by Dropbox support but they could not offer a solution, at least not before your financial dept did. They unblocked my files.

But look how much time this took alltogether. At least 1.5 days!

And at the moment the problem was corrected on your side, I had to reconnect, but not before I made a backup. Then it proved to be not possible to compare Dropbox’s storage to mine. How many files, what sizes etc.

This again took me half a day.

So, to conclude. All systems work again.

I am happy with Dropbox as a principle, but your comany's availability for support, as well as the tools to check if all files are connected correctly, are far below the standard.

Best regards, Jan Kerdel.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the detailed explanation of events. I’m making your feedback available to the team for review. 
Sorry for the way it went, but I'm glad it’s all resolved now. 

Have a great weekend! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Jan (@KERDÈL_BD)
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT
Thank you!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?