Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Free up phone space feature not working in Carousel

New member | Level 1

When I attempt to use the "free up phone space" feature, I get a message accompanied by a phone hanging from a balloon notifying me that "this feature isn't available at this time". I've emailed the support team and so far haven't heard back, and my Internet searches and tinkering have so far lead to no solution. I would be grateful if this community could shed some light.

Thank you
Nate

Tags (1)
8 Replies

Re: free up phone space feature not working in Carousel

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem. The free up phone space feature worked the very first time I tried and now it says that the feature isn't available. Original Moto G running Android 4.4.4

New member | Level 1

broken for me also

New member | Level 1

Still broken

New member | Level 1

I'm having the same problem as well. Samsung S5 running current Android system.

New member | Level 1

I also have this problem, Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. It freed up over 900MB when I first installed, but now it's not working...my phone is so full of videos now that I can't install app updates.

New member | Level 1

I recently downloaded Carousel to my Samsung Galaxy S3, Android Version 4.4.2.

I have the same problem, as well. My phone is so full of pictures and videos that I can no longer receive updates for my apps, and I am having difficulty getting emails and text messages to sync correctly because of the low storage space. I have a 32gb sd card installed, but not all the photos are on the sd card. I installed Carousel because I wanted to upload all my photos & videos to Carousel, in order to delete the copy on my phone, but still have access to the files in a well organized way. When I saw that Carousel works in conjunction with Dropbox, and could free up the storage space for me, I thought it would be a perfect solution for my problem. Except, it doesn't work. 

My phone is showing the balloon with the phone on a string, along with the message,"Carousel is trying to find as much space as possible to free up. This might take a while. We'll let you know when we're done." 

Unless it takes more than 24 hours for Carousel to find all the space to free up and let me know it's done, I'm afraid this is a bug that really needs to be fixed. 

Any information on how I can resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. TIA. 

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem on an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3. The phone is completely full, so I was wondering if that was the problem, but after clearing out 1GB of space, it didn't make any difference. So I'm thinking maybe update to the latest iOS and then try again and delete and re-install the carousel app

New member | Level 2

Yep - delete the app and re-installing worked to fix my problem. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Free up phone space feature not working in Carousel
8 Replies
7 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post