cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get more Dropbox storage space for free

How to get more Dropbox storage space for free

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I wanted to show you exactly what happens and what steps you'll need to follow in order to get more free space in your Dropbox.

From your Account Settings page you see all your current space and all the space you've earned.

To begin earning more free space, you can visit the Dropbox Get more space page here

From this page you can invite your friends to join Dropbox by emailing them, sending them a direct link to join or sharing your invitation on Facebook. You can earn up to 16 GB !

------------------

Finally, can check the space you've earned by going to this page and you'll have a detailed list of all the actions you've taken and how much free space you've earned!

If you have any trouble with this process or feedback and ideas about this, feel free to leave your comments below and I'll get back to you or reach us on @DropboxSupport on Twitter and our team will be happy to note your feedback and assist you!

Have a great day all!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The only time referral space is removed from an account is when it has been determined that a referral had been earned through illegitimate means. When that happens, all referral space is usually removed.

The only way to know the actual cause is to contact Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

58 Replies 58

advisorking
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not knowing the limit of 15 only for referrals I invited many whom I actually didnot want and in the process it attained the limit and the referrals never matured. Thus I missed the real people whom I could have invited. How to cancell the non responsive referrals to free the limit.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You cant cancel referrals that have been sent out. 

Note that they will simply sit on your account until the maximum limit for referrals has been reached. That limit is 32 (32 referrals at 500mb each). 

It doesnt matter if they are the first 10 you sent or the last 10. You will get referral space once they install on a unique computer. Mobile devices do not count. 

Also, please note that if people complain you've spammed them you risk losing ALL referral space so please be cautious of how many you send out and to whom. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

valkorn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello.
My friend gave me link, i used it, registered new account, install app and when i tried to confirm my mail i got 500 error. And there is a problem because i still have 2GB and i see that i got 0 bytes, but also me and my friend when we check there referral status is green OK sign with text granted 500MB which means that this referral was succesfull.
Also i have email from Dropbox "thank you, your friend invited you, we gave you 500MB".
Please explain me - do i have +500MB or not?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, 

I’m sorry to hear about this. We’ll need to take a look at your account to get this squared away. Please write in to us here https://www.dropbox.com/support so that our support staff can investigate and assist. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

KatjaP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had about 18gb of space, much of it earned through referrals. It has all now disappeared and I have only 3.75gb. Whats happened?

Kind regards

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The only time referral space is removed from an account is when it has been determined that a referral had been earned through illegitimate means. When that happens, all referral space is usually removed.

The only way to know the actual cause is to contact Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

madx37
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is there a way to earn more free space for my Dropbox Work account?

Please let me know, thanks.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
The only ways to gain free space are via www.dropbox.com/gs and www.dropbox.com/referral. I have to say though I'm not 100% sure if these include Business accounts.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

madx37
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I have already taken all of these, both "gs" and all the possible "referrals" but this is only for the personal account not for the work one (that now it's free with an 2GB quota). I can't find anything like this for the work account.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    tony_r Explorer | Level 3
    OuranioToxo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?