Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Help-Cancelling free trial is not possible

New member | Level 2

I'm trying to cancel my free trial before I'm charged. Instructions say to sign in to my personal account, click on Admin Console, etc. etc. I can't for the life of me find this first click, let alone move down the instructions. To send an e-mail to support I need to enter my credit card number. Ridiculous.

This lack of customer service is appalling. Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone at the company to get this done???

Thank you!

5 Replies

Re: Help-Cancelling free trial is not possible

Dropboxer
Hey Frustrateduser2, it shouldn’t be that hard to cancel your trial, sorry to hear that you were facing an issue with that. Because I'd like to help you with the cancellation on my end (though I can only take any requested action via our Official Support channel), I’ve made sure to create a ticket on our system on your behalf. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks & have a wonderful rest of your day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I agree,    it does not seem possible to cancel the free trial.   And this help page relies on dropbox providing a personal email to the person with the problem to help them cancel. Which doesnt help others who come across this page looking for help on this topic also. 

Please provide instructions that can be followed by all people on how to cancel the free trial. Thank you 

New member | Level 2

I also cannot  follow these steps to cancel my trial. I only enabled it a few hours  ago, and decided it is not what I'm looking for. 

Dropboxer
Hey there (@ariarose) & (@Newuser12), while you can always reference this resource about how you can go about cancelling a team account, it would be worth noting that the OP on this thread mentioned that they tried to follow this set of steps to no avail (& that was merely the reason why I offered to reach out to them directly on my end, as I understood that they may have needed some immediate assistance).

You may have a look at the steps outlined on the resource I linked above whenever you get a chance & use this discussion as a direct point of contact with me in case you have any followup question. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

...and I find myself here coz I can't find the cancel and... they still have not answered the question in the thread! 

What a load of double-speak. What a dishonest company.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Help-Cancelling free trial is not possible
5 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post