Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

How can I change my billing information as I moved from Canada to the US?

New member | Level 2

Hi there. I moved from Canada to the US and am trying to change my billing information with dropbox. It won't let me change to a different country/currency though when I enter my new credit card information. What do I do? Many thanks for any help! 

1 Reply

Re: New currency

Super User II

You can't change your billing country on an active subscription. You'll need to allow your subscription to expire, and then re-subscribe with the new card. Be sure to downgrade your account so it doesn't automatically renew on the old card.

When you downgrade, you'll keep your existing account benefits until your subscription expires. You're just preventing it from auto-renewing. Also, when the subscription does expire, you won't lose any files. You won't be able to sync if you're over quota, but syncing will resume when you resubscribe again.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I change my billing information as I moved from Canada to the US?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post