Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

How can I change the user name of a team member or transfer their files and privileges to another?

Explorer | Level 4

How can I either change a user name of a team member or transfer their files and preveleges to another person?  One employee has left and the new person has taken over the same computer.  I simply want to change the name as it appears on dropbox.  It says I can transer from one team member to another, but I can't add the new person as a member before deleting the old one as my number of licences is full.  It is annoying to keep seeing the old employee's name as having performed actions.

2 Replies

Re: Manage Team Account

Super User II

Carol S.33 wrote:

It says I can transer from one team member to another, but I can't add the new person as a member before deleting the old one as my number of licences is full.

You can transfer the files to the new user even after deleting a user's account. See here for more information:

Re: Manage Team Account

Dropboxer

Hey Carol S.33

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community!

If you have followed @Rich's instructions, just keep in mind that your colleague can then change the name associated with this account from his/her account Settings

Other than that, we'd appreciate taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out again, we'd be glad to follow-up. 

[This thread is now closed. If you experience further issues, just let us know on a new topic. ]

Warm regards,
JaneA 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I change the user name of a team member or transfer their files and privileges to another?
2 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post