cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Referral

Regarding Referral

Sajan1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have referred my 2 friend's but the referral bonus is credited only of ky 1 friend in my account but they gett the extra data from my referral

So how can i get my referral bonus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Scottysmit26 wrote:

I have a similar problem except it just says in the referral tab "waiting for install". Even though they have installed it.

Make sure they've installed the Dropbox desktop application on a unique computer. Mobile devices do not count for referrals.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Sajan1, thanks for posting your question here! 

Would it be possible to contact you at the email address associated with your forum profile to investigate further?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

My_lahbib
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes

Jackpot 9997
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can check if your friends have used your referral link, by clicking "Settings", which can be found on your profile logo on your top right hand corner. Then click "Refer a friend". There is a list called "From referrals" you can see if your referral has been activated. 

I think that one of the reason that you did not get extra storage, but your friend did is that he/ she has activated the referral from another friend rather than you.

Hope that it may help.

diego_li
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can check if your friends have used your referral link or not; click "Settings", which can be found on your profile logo on your top right corner. Then click "Refer a friend". There is a list called "From referrals" you can see if your referral has been activated. 

May be they have installed dropbox whitout using your recomendation.

Hope helping you, 

diego

Tim-InStudio-C
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

To get your bonus space, I believe they must not only accept your invite, but install DropBox to one of their computers.

Scottysmit26
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have a similar problem except it just says in the referral tab "waiting for install". Even though they have installed it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Scottysmit26 wrote:

Make sure they've installed the Dropbox desktop application on a unique computer. Mobile devices do not count for referrals.

Scottysmit26
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks that fixed it!

iqratariq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

error happens sometimes.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

generaalkevin New member | Level 2