Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

How can I merge my two Dropbox accounts into one?

New member | Level 2

i can not change my email.i.d through the given procedure. while i m working on two dropbox it is very irritationg for me. how can i merge them

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: change of email.

Super User

Hi @tsaleem, I am afraid there is no way to merge two Dropbox accounts. You need to transfer all the contents from one account to another manually. You may download the contents from one, and upload to another. Or you may share the contents from one account to another. You may save a copy of the shared data, and get rid of the other account. 

If your email IDs are already in use, it won't allow to change. You can create a third email address to facilitate the change. Say you have the following scenario: 

Account 1 (email1@example.com), Account 2 (email2@example.com). Now if you want to interchange the emails, you will need a third email address (email3@example.com). Fist change email address of one of the account with the new email address and make the currently associated address free. You can change Account 1 (email3@example.com). Now, email1@example.com should be available. You can use that for Account 2 (email1@example.com). Later you can use email2@example.com for your Account 1. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I merge my two Dropbox accounts into one?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution