Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

How many devices are in plus version

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am using dropbox basic, now it can be used just in 3 devices. So you are offering me to buy plus version.

For bussiness version it is clearly written unlimited devices and for basic up to 3 devices.

How about plus version ??

21 Replies

Re: How many devices are in plus version

Dropboxer

Hey there @Solidis - thanks for writing in about this!

I'm quite sure the limit of 3 devices doesn't apply to the Plus plan but feel free to submit a ticket if you have an account specific inquiry. 

In any case, I'll pass your comments on to the team to see what we can be done to amend the wording of the mentioned Help Center article - thanks for the feedback on this one!

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to follow up. Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Linked devices

Explorer | Level 3

How many devices can I link with Dropbox Plus? 

Re: Linked devices

Super User II

Unlimited. Only Basic (i.e. free) accounts have a three-device limit.

Maximum linked device for "Plus" accounts.

Helpful | Level 5

How many devices can I link if I upgrade to a Plus account. The closest to an official anser I can find is on this page.

https://help.dropbox.com/account/computer-limit.

Is there a limit to the number of devices I can link to my account?

Basic users have a three device limit as of March 2019.

Plus and Professional users can link more than three devices.

Business users can link unlimited devices, but Advanced and Enterprise Dropbox Business admins can limit the number of devices that their teams can link.

How many is more than three?  Is it four. Is it 100?  I know it's not unlimited because that is only Business accounts.

Re: Maximum linked device for "Plus" accounts.

Super User II

The only subscription that currently has a limit is Dropbox Basic, and the limit is three devices.

Helpful | Level 5

Rich:

Can you reference somewhere official that there is no limit to linked devices with the "Plus" plan?  If it is unlimited why didn't it just say so on the page I reference in my original post, instead of saying "more than three".  That sounds like Dropbox is being intentionally obtuse. If I sign up for and pay for the Plus plan I would like to know what I'm getting.

Super User II

That's a reply from a Dropbox Supprot team member, but it's not posted in any of the help articles as of yet. There is currently no limit on paid subscriptions.

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you Rich.

What's my device limit on Plus/Pro plans?

New member | Level 2

All I can find for the new device limit for Plus/Pro is "more than 3 devices".  Basically useless information.  The Business plan says "unlimited", so there apparently is some limit to Plus/Pro - is it 4 - or 40 or 400?   There is NOTHING on any of the descriptions for the various dropbox plans that talk about device limits.  I am not buying anything until I know what I am getting for my $$.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How many devices are in plus version
21 Replies
20 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post