cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

vamps503
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI, How can i cancel my dropbox plus subscription? i was told to go to setting> plan> at the bottom, click cancel my subscription, but i don't see this option at the bottom. it's so frustrating, please help!

thanks.

59 Replies 59

Frenchstarter
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

I managed to cancel the test period the last day on the 8th of September.

But I wanted to backup my Dropbox data since my Dropbox was overfull, and I restarted a new test period on the 9th. Then surprise, I was credited on Paypal...

I didn't manage to cancel the account pro business.

How could I do to be reimbursed? Someone could help me?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes.

Frenchstarter
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello again,

I tried your link for downgrading but it didn't work.

My case is special. I canceled the test period on the 8th of September.

Since my Dropbox was overfull and I was afraid to loose all my data, I started a new test period tonigt on the 9th. Then bad surprise, I credited on my Paypal account for the business pro account 😞

Could I be reimbursed? If yes, how should I do?

Thanks for your great help. Best regards.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Frenchstarter - sorry for the tardy response. Are you still having issues with this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Good news is that you won't lose any data. Even if you are over your quota (2GB for basic vs 2TB for Professional) we won't do anything to your data. You do lose the ability to sync data to PC, showcases, and other features that Basic doesn't include, but we won't do anything to your data. 

Also, as a side note, we only allow one trial per customer, which is likely why the attempt to start another trial resulted in a charge.  

rachelstevefl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have tried to follow your instructions on how to cancel my plan. There is no "cancel plan" button in my plan tab. I haven't been able to contact anyone to cancel my subscription and this is ridiculous. Just cancel my plan. I am going to do a chargeback. You guys make it so easy to sign up and so hard to cancel... funny how that works. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If there's no such button, is it possible that you're on a basic plan ( the one that comes for free) under the account you're currently logged in then @rachelstevefl

What does your accoun's tab report at the moment? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

rachelstevefl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, thank you for getting back to me. There is no accounts tab, in my login. my email address is [personal information removed for security purposes] that is what the account is under. However, I am getting charged $10/mo. I did cancel a subscription over a year ago that I had, maybe it was under a different email (different account) try [personal information removed for security purposes]. Either way, I just want all of it cancelled. I don't want to be charged one more month. I have donated way too much money to dropbox with unwelcomed monthly fees and I have not been using your company for years. Please cancel before I go NUTS! Thanks for your help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the speedy response @rachelstevefl - most appreciated.

Note that I have removed your personal information from your post for security reasons - please refrain from sharing such information on a public Forum in the future (this is for your own privacy). 

As per your inquiry now, since I will be needing all of my tools to look into it, I've found your existing ticket on our system and replied to you there. Check your inbox for my email so we can have this resolved asap. 

Thank you!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

rake
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was trying to download some pictures my agent sent me on dropbox.  In order to do that (he sent them by dropbox) it said I had to download Dropbox.  I did, and viewed the pics.  However, when I finished it wanted my credit card (did not give it) and to choose how I wanted to pay, monthly or yearly.  I don't want to pay anything at all...I do not use, nor see any use for my purposes to have a Dropbox account.  will you simply cancel this?  I've gone to the 'cancel' sites but nothing helps. This was all done on my computer.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @rake - could you please elaborate on this one for me?

Are you getting charged about an account and you'd like to cancel it? If so, you can use our self serve look-up tool to locate and verify the account that it relates to. 

To then cancel your subscription, log into the account in question and downgrade your plan from your plan's tab

If you upgraded through the app store on a mobile device take a look at this Help Center article .

Should you still have problems with this, log a ticket with our support team and ask for assistance. Note that this is for your own security and safety as we can't troubleshoot account specific inquiries like this one here, on our public forums. 

I hope this information is helpful to you and let me know if there's anything else I can do from my end to assist with this. 

Thanks!

PS: If you'd like to delete your Dropbox account completely, go to this page. Just note that should you proceed with that option, there is no way for you or Dropbox to recover that account

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?