Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

How to change your country or currency?

Level 2

It won't let me alter the currency of my billing settings from UK to US. I moved so my bank acocunt is now in dollars and I want to change that so I can keep paying dropbox but it won't let me pay in a different currency...

3 Replies

Re: How to change your country or currency?

Dropboxer
Hi there @dbologna04

In general, if your new billing country uses the same currency, you can simply update your billing info and change your country

However, since you mention that you’re using a different currency, to change it, you must cancel your current subscription and re-subscribe using the new billing address.

I hope this helped, but let me know if you have any further questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

If the only solution is to delete my account and make a new one, then what do I do with all the Camera Uploads files? I have over a year's worth of thousands of photos on there, and each time I have tried downloading them it says I can't and I should try with less files as it's above dropbox's limit. Is there a way to download all my dropbox content in one go onto a harddrive? Each time I've tried, it doesn't let me

Dropboxer
Hey again @dbologna04

Initially, please bear in mind that cancelling your subscription does not delete your account. Instead, you downgrade to a Basic account and you continue to have access to your files and folders. 

Spoiler
However, please note that upon downgrading to a Basic plan, should your account exceed the storage limit, no files will be deleted, but syncing will stop. This means that new files added to your Dropbox won't sync to other computers or be available on the website until your account is under this storage limit or you upgrade again. You can find more info on how to upgrade here.
Furthermore, you mention:

@dbologna04 wrote:

Is there a way to download all my dropbox content in one go onto a harddrive?

In general, you can download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder from the website, as long as both of the following are true:
  • The folder is less than 20 GB in total size.
  • The folder has fewer than 10,000 total files.
If those requirements are not met, you can download in smaller batches (as you also mention) or you can install the desktop app which will create a Dropbox folder locally on your computer and place all your files and folders inside it.

Don’t hesitate to give me a nudge if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to change your country or currency?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post