cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search by date?

How to search by date?

Theresa L.
New member | Level 2

I am trying to search for a file, but there are multiples of similar files. Is there a way I can search by date updated? Or even put all of my files in "date updated" order? Thanks

17 Replies 17

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Cindy K.1
New member | Level 2

I would like to know the answer to this question. I'd like to find all the photos from before a certain date, no matter what folder they are in.

Louis K.3
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue whereby I can only do a fuzzy search in the web app. I would like to do something like: 2011/11 or "2014-11" but it will still match file names like: Picture_2014_04_having-fun-at-11-pm.jpg

Mike K.61
Collaborator | Level 9

Hello? Could we get an answer to this please?

donna p.5
New member | Level 1

Would like to know the answer but I guess your silence means it's a no!

Peter B.98
New member | Level 1

This question has been around for over a year and still no answer from the dropbox team? Next to the fact that searching on files dates would be a very useful function, I'm disappointed on the total lack of support/documentation on searching dropbox files or folders.

Fatur M.
New member | Level 1

umm guys, there is a tiny icon on the left, "event" icon, maybe as useful as "search by date"

Sam C.21
New member | Level 1

The event icon only goes back one year. I'm looking for something that is almost 2 years old. Very frustrating. I know I can do this search in Windows on my home computer, but I want to be able to do it from other locations.

Andrew D.8
New member | Level 2

Date search / and more advance search please dropbox

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Antriksh S. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Shad Jen V. Helpful | Level 5
    Andrew D.8 New member | Level 2
    Sam C.21 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?