Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I can't change my email address. What can I do?

Level 2

Hi. I have a 'work' account and a 'personal' account. The admin of the work account set me up using my personal email address which I have asked him to change. HOWEVER, when I go to update the 'personal' email address it just says 'this email is already taken'.  Yes it is, I know that!  - but I need to swap the account email info over as they are the wrong way round!  Any advice please?

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: I can't change my email address. What can I do?

Dropboxer
Hey there, @ljchapman.

While the email address you want to change to is being used on another account, you won’t be able to update another account to this same email address. What you will need is a 3rd email that you have access to but are not currently using for a Dropbox account. 

Firstly, you will change the email address of Account 1 to the 3rd email address. Please note that you will need access to the email’s inbox to verify it to complete the change of an email.

Then, change the email address of Account 2 to the email you just freed up with the first step. Finally, you can change then change the email address on Account 1 to the email that was previously on the other account and in doing so, you will remove that 3rd email address.

Let me know how you get on with this - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't change my email address. What can I do?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution