Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

I can't update my credit card; getting error message "There was a problem completing this request".

New member | Level 2

I can go to the billing page and fill in my credit card info but a pink box shows up above my credit card information that has the error "There was a problem completing the request".

I have tried a couple of times over the past week but nothing has changed. Any help?

5 Replies

Re: Can't update credit card

Dropboxer
Hey @Clamdee, sorry to hear that you’re having a difficulty changing your payment info, let me follow-up with you a bit more closely & we'll take it from there.  

Just so as to exclude it from being a browser-specific error, I’d like to ask you if this persists through an incognito/private browsing window or even a different browser than your standard. Can you try that once & see if that mends the behavior? As an additional step, clearing your browser's cache would be helpful.

If that persists, please do let me know here & I’ll make sure to reach out to you on my end, in order to examine what’s happening in more depth. 

I’ll be awaiting your next update here, in order to work together towards a fix. Thanks in advance & I hope you have a wonderful Monday ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I can't change my credit card information ???

Dropboxer
Hey there (@khuloodmosa), sorry to hear that. Have you tried following my suggestions above incidentally? Are you facing the same error message as the OP? 

From there, I’m wondering whether there has been an issue with your bank or payment vendor (i.e. that’s merely because you may need to ensure that your payments are authorized for international transactions); have you tried contacting them directly by any chance? 

Let me know how you get on with my advice & we'll take it from there!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

i have the same problem. sys i have until July 4th to do so. can I all in the correct number. went to billing page and nothing there to change my credit card

Dropboxer
Hey @Ted14, thanks for pinging me back on thsi discussion! Following your post here, I can see that you’ve already submitted a ticket via our Official Support channel & you’ve been discussing your options with my colleague at the moment. While I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments on your ongoing correspondence, kindly note that it would be best for you to refer to this email chain for an update, as we can only discuss sensitive payment-specific information through our Official Support channel. 

I hope that this gets resolved soon for you & I’m always here in case there’s anything else I can do to help you. Thanks!

Jane

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't update my credit card; getting error message "There was a problem completing this request".
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post