Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I can't verify my account with the new email address

Level 6

I have changed my email address and received an email at the new address to verify my identity. I did not change my password ONLY my email address. When I try to verify using the new email address and the old password it will not allow me to verify. What am I doing wrong?

TIA

5 Replies

Re: Change of email address

Dropboxer
Hey there (@werd), have you received the verification email on your new email address & you’re following the link on said email to verify the change? If you’re unable to follow that link can you let me know what happens? Alternatively, is there any slight chance that you had changed your email address in the past & now you’re unable to sign in to your account using the new email address?  

Please do let me know if any of the above applies to what you’re currently experiencing or if I’ve misunderstood your initial description & we’ll take it from there. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 6

I have received the verification email on my phone.

When I open the email it has a "Verify your email" blue button which I click on.

It takes me to a web page and asks; "Please log in to verify your identity." My OLD email address is in the email field. Since I am trying to verify my NEW email address, I change this OLD email address to my NEW email address. Then, I enter my existing (OLD) password as it did not ask me to change the password when I changed my email in my profiles settings on the Dropbox we site.

It doesn't work and says "Invalid email  or password."

Level 6

...and no, I haven't changed my email address in years.

Highlighted

Level 6

I was able to verify the new email address using my computer. For some reason it doesn't work on a phone.

Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know of the progress on your end (@werd)! While luckily this has now been sorted for you, I’ve included a note of your comments here on my report internally to our higher-level technicians, as it seems that the discrepancy appeared for you only while browsing on your phone. 

Once again, thanks a lot for sticking with me until the end on that conversation; it was a pleasure working on that with you. Happy Dropboxing ahead & please feel free to drop us a line here if you have more questions or thoughts!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't verify my account with the new email address
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution