cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

I cannot use my personal email, because it is associated with my company's Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi - I have one dropbox account (plus, 2tb). It started as a personal account and then became a mashup of business files and personal. Being paid for by the business entity. I would like to remove my personal files into my personal account, or remove the business files to another company's business account. Because the original account was under me, I cannot sign into a second account with my email. Do I have to create another personal account with a different email? Can I make someone at the company the owner of the business files? What is the best, easiest way to break this apart?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Two Accounts - One Email?

Dropboxer

Hi @cat_the_great Smiling Cat

Thanks for joining our Community. I will help you do this easily.

I you joined the team with the email of your existing Dropbox account then the email is now associated with the team as a member account. Corect me if I am wrong and we will figure this out together. If this si the case I will list the next steps:

1. You can create a new personal Dropbox account with another email address.
  2. Share your personal files with this new email address. 
  3. Transfer ownership of these folders to your new personal Dropbox account
  4. Remove the access of your team account from these folders, to only have them available in your persoanl account. 

Let me know if this was helpful and if you have any questions.

Thank you! slightly smiling face

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Any way to share multiple files and folders at once? or can i only do one by one? thanks

Dropboxer

Hey @cat_the_great, just jumping in here!

If the data you need to transfer isn't currently shared with anyone else, then you can move it all into one folder and share just the one folder. 

If you have some shared folders though, you'd have to share those to your new account separately.

Keep me posted with any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I cannot use my personal email, because it is associated with my company's Dropbox.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post