Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'd like to cancel my upcoming renewal. Can you help me with that?

Level 2

Hi, I'm using Dropbox to safeload my pictures from my cellphone. I 've had additional space for extra fee for 2 years (Dropbox Plus) now and would like to end the contract but can not find the place to do that. Can you help me?

5 Replies

Re: Ending subscription

Dropboxer
Hey there (@AnnaFK), thanks for reaching out for assistance on our Dropbox Community! 

Now, it’s my understanding that you’ve upgraded your personal account to a paid plan, am I on the right track? (Note: I’m merely asking as the steps to cancel a Dropbox Business account are slightly differently & you can reference this resource about how you can go about cancelling a team account.)

If my assumption is right & you’d like to cancel your upgraded plan, then the steps outlined here would be helpful if you’d like to mark your account to downgrade on your upcoming renewal (note: please bear in mind that you'll still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Dropbox quota granted by the upgrade expires). 

Last but not least, it would be worth mentioning that if you’ve upgraded via the app on your phone, your subscription is administered by the app store platform, not by Dropbox. If you’d like to change the payment details within iTunes/ Google Wallet, you may have a look at this & this resources respectively. 

I hope that this answers your subscription-specific inquiry & please do let me know on this discussion if you need further assistance or I have misunderstood your query in any way!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

How do I downgrade my account or cancel the service

Level 2

How do I downgrade my account or cancel the service, I am been charged each month for storage and I have nothing left in Dropbox. I want to either downgrade down to a free account or drop the service. Michael 

[personal info removed by moderation for security reasons]

Re: How do I downgrade my account or cancel the service

Dropboxer
Hey Michael ( @cleahym ), I’ve moved your post under this discussion in order to ping you on my suggestions above & I’ve removed your personal information for security reasons (according to our Community Guidelines)

Please have a look at my pointers above at your convenience & do let me know how my advice works for you whenever you get a chance; I’m here to follow-up on your payment-specific inquiry as much as I can. Thanks for getting in touch on the Community on this question & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

I want to stop my dropbox payment

Level 2

Hello. Our company is under a one-year contract.

But, we are out of necessity now.

Please tell me.

If we don't pay when we don't want to sign another contract, does it automatically cancel?

Please reply to me.

thank you.

Re: I want to stop my dropbox payment

Dropboxer

Hey Alex (@AlexSong), I’ve moved your post under the relevant discussion, as you’ll need to cancel your upcoming renewal on your end. Kindly refer to the resources I’ve linked above whenever you find some spare time & let me know how you get on with that here. Thanks in advance!

Jane

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'd like to cancel my upcoming renewal. Can you help me with that?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post