Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

I have been invited but now I don't have space on my account. What happened?

New member | Level 2

I have been invited to join the dropbox of my local photo club.  Now I am being told by Dropbox that I don't have enough storage and have to upgrade my account.  These are not my files they belong to the club, which must already pay for the storage.  Does every member of the club have to pay for the same storage?????

Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: File storage

Super User

Hello @MaggieD, if you join a shared folder, it would take up your storage quota. If you don't need files to have edit permission, and sync with your Dropbox is not necessary, you may ask your club to share with you a view-only shared link https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/view-only-access When shared via link, you can view the files on the web, you can download them to your device, or add to your Dropbox if you like, but the files won't sync with your Dropbox account, you can't edit the files. 

Re: File storage

New member | Level 2

Thank you so much!  I think is the perfect outcome for this issue.  Appreciate your very prompt response.  You have taken a load off my mind.

Kind regards

MD

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have been invited but now I don't have space on my account. What happened?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post