cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other users like you. Get involved

yes

I have two accounts and would like to close one of them

Helpful | Level 5

I have two accounts and would like to close one of them.  I have already moved all of my files over to the account I want to keep.  One account was used for business and one personal.  How do I close just the account that was used for business?  I don't want to lose any of the files in my personal account.

Tags (1)
11 Replies

Re: closing account

Dropboxer

Hi @JackiH, thanks for reaching out to us here!

The first thing I'd suggest to check is if your personal and business accounts are connected. If they are, you can disconnect them to be on the safe side with these steps.

Then, to close the account you will first need to leave the team. Can you let me know what is showing on your Plan page here?

If you're on a paid subscription, are you the admin or a team member?

Let me know what you find and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

The two are connected.  The billing is done through the work account which is the one I want to delete.  What happens to that once I delete that account?

I am now and have always been the only user for both accounts.

Sorry to sound so dense.  I'm so afraid of losing all the files in my personal account when I delete anything.

Helpful | Level 5

Plan page

IMOM.org account
Dropbox Plus

You’re a member of the IMOM.org Dropbox account.

Starting on February 3, 2020, we’ll bill you once a year for your Dropbox Plus plan. Your new yearly total will be $119.88. See plan details

Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @JackiH

Just to make sure that we get everything done correctly, I've reached out to the email linked with your Community profile. 

This will just allow me to have a look at the accounts and subscription that you have to best advise on how we'll proceed with this from here.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my email and get back to me there.

Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

Did you get my email reply?

Super User II

@JackiH 

Dropbox support is closed over weekends so it wont be picked up now till early next week

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks!

Dropboxer

I've just replied back to you @JackiH!

Please just check your inbox when you have a moment, I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Daphne

Helpful | Level 5

The only reply I see is the same as this one.  I don't have anything with a solution.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have two accounts and would like to close one of them
11 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post