Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I keep getting an error that I have a full account?

New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

Been having an on going issue with my drop box. A few onths ago my wife attempted to upload gigs of pics of our newborn, during the upload process my free extra space ran out (she thought she was uploading to her dropbox not mine whihc was logged in at the time) so of course the sync stopped.

I cancelled the upload and deleted the folder from drop box, but ever since then my dropbox is telling me i'm 20gb over my quota and won't allow me do upload a thing.

Now, thing is, I only have 1.3gb of files in my drop box (of my free 6gb allowance as per the below image.

error

There is othing in the deleted files on drop box, i've removed any access to shared folders I was in, yet it is still saying i'm over. I did delete about 2gb of files and the dropbox went from 22gb to 20gb, so it seems there might be an error with my account?

I email dropbox but got an automated reply to check their new self help portal, which I spent 30min searching through to no avail, so I thought i'd turn to here for help

1 Reply

Re: Quota error

Dropboxer

Hey there,

I have gone ahead and reached out to you directly through the tickets that you have submitted.

We are very serious about our security and for these reasons would rather not disclose information that could potentialy be harmful to you.

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I keep getting an error that I have a full account?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post