Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I'm having trouble accessing an account although I've reset the password

Level 2

I am taking over a work dropbox account from a previous employee (with work email address). I have access to the email account but no one knows the drop box login password. I have requested a password reset, and followed the instructions to do this. I thought I had it fixed but still can't login using the new password. Not sure if I have done something wrong but can someone please help me reset the password so that I can get access to work files. Thanks.

7 Replies

Re: Resetting password

Super User II

When you followed the instructions, what was the result? Was there an error message? Do you know if the account has two-step verification enabled on it?

Level 2

No it said I changed the password. But then when I went to login with it is says there is an error. 

Super User II

Are you trying to sign-in to the Dropbox app on your computer, or the Dropbxo website? Tried a different browser yet?

Level 2

Yes tried logging in from different browser and different computer. Using website only

Dropboxer
Hey @Belinda333, if you don’t mind me interrupting your discussion with Rich here, I’ve ran a search on our system on my end & I could see that you’re already working towards resolution with my colleague there. Kindly note that it would be best to continue this discussion through our Official Support channel, as this pertains to account-specific details we can’t access on the Community. I can see that my co-worker has been awaiting your update Belinda. Have you received their latest message perchance? 

Please let us know if you haven’t located their latest reply & l make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

As of this morning no answer on this from 'official channels'. I have a new laptop and can't start using it as I can't access files due to dropbox login issue. Quite frustrated here. If only there was a real person to talk to at the end of a phone...

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear about any frustration caused @Belinda333; let’s take it from where we’ve left off! While it would be worth noting that phone support is currently offered to our Advanced & Enterprise Business admins through their admin console, I’m here to guide you on the best course of action to get this squared away. 

As an initial point of reference Belinda, kindly note that we work as diligently as possible, however our expected response time may differ according to the plan attached to your account. Nonetheless, I can see that you’ve received a reply on your follow-up support request a few hours after you posted us here. Have you received my coworker’s message? If so, then you’ll have to reply back to this email chain if you have any additional thoughts or questions. Kindly note that if you create a new support request instead of replying to your existing one, the expected response time will be reset & you will in all likelihood receive a reply from a different Support team member. 

Now, as your inquiry pertains to an email address other than your own, you could log in to our support system by visiting dropbox.zendesk.com with the account you’ve taken over & see all your support interactions with my colleagues. Nevertheless, I’ve made sure to submit the issue for further evaluation & review to a colleague who will get back in touch with you within the day. 

I hope that this helps to some extent. Thanks again for bearing with our team while we’re working on that & I’m always here if you need further assistance in any way! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm having trouble accessing an account although I've reset the password
7 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post