Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm on a Dropbox Basic plan, though I'd like to my credit card info.

New member | Level 2

I need to update my credit card info and we have a basic Dropbox plan. When I go to setting there isn't a billing tab where I can make the changes. Am I going to be forced to upgrade.  

Thanks Grant

5 Replies

Re: billing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Grant, if you’re on a Basic plan, either your plan has already downgraded to Basic from a paid plan, or you’re looking at the wrong account.

If you think it could be a different email, in each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the Notifications panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Account". On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".
3. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner.

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

This didn't answer the question!

I have the same problem!

I didn't upgrade my credit card details in time and now I'm being forced to upgrade (as if I wasn't on that plan before) and I'm forced to pay more than before ($152).  Even though there is an invoice on my account page for the lesser amount ($141.90).

It seems like a trick to get people to pay more money!

Super User II

If your account is downgraded, you lose any features that were available to the subscription you had, including whatever pricing was valid at the time of your subscription. If you re-upgrade, you pay the current pricing and get any features available to the account at that time (i.e. any grandfathered features are lost after a downgrade).

New member | Level 2

You can't even talk to a rep or find out what is going on, I had two accounts and now both are not available.  It's time to go to another file share program. Such terrible customer service, can't stand it.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Have you already been in contact with the support team on this matter via email? 

We only provide phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions on the Advanced or Enterprise plans, so as your account was downgraded as you said, you wouldn’t have this option available.

I can’t find any tickets under this account, and since you mentioned you have a second account, it’s possible you messaged us from there.

If you have a 7 digit ticket ID, please let me know here so I can look it up on our end!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm on a Dropbox Basic plan, though I'd like to my credit card info.
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post