Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

If I delete shared folders, will they be deleted for others as well?

New member | Level 2

hi, 
I'm out of storage space!
I have lots of large files that clients have shared with me in the past. I no longer need those files, but if I delete them from the shared folder, does that mean the client has lost that file also? I run a very small business so don't want to have an overhead for file sharing by upgrading. Can anyone advise me? thanks!

1 Reply

Re: freeing up space

Super User II

jenintheuk wrote:

I no longer need those files, but if I delete them from the shared folder, does that mean the client has lost that file also?

Yes. If they're in a shared folder then anything you do to the files in the folder will replicate to all other members of the share as well. If you no longer need the files, you can leave the share.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

If I delete shared folders, will they be deleted for others as well?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post