Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

If I let my Dropbox Business trial expire, will it get into the locked state immediately?

anonymous
Not applicable

If I let my dropbox business trial expire, will I get in to a locked state as soon as it ends? Will the storage space also be reduced?

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: dropbox business locked state

Dropboxer
Hey @anonymous, while I’ve posted these details under this thread, I’d happily reiterate here once for convenience’ sake; thanks for taking the time to drop us a line! 

Kindly note that locked state limits Dropbox functionality; you will have view-only access to your content & it’s expected that syncing stops however please bear in mind that your files will not be removed and team members will still be able to access them. 

From there, you’ll be given two options, namely to purchase Dropbox Business if you wish or disband the team, where all team members will be converted to individual accounts. 

If you’re a team member, you can opt to leave the team — where you’ll keep unshared content, shared folders you own & folders that were shared explicitly with you. 

To answer your question Petras, your storage space will be reduced however your files should remain on your Dropbox account intact. Nonetheless, syncing will stop on your devices & you won’t be able to add content until you re-upgrade. 

Last but not least, please bear in mind that when a team admin disbands a team all team member accounts become individual Dropbox accounts. Please note that team admins receive a copy of all team content. Any team member who is not a team admin will of course lose access to the team content. Also, as a result of this action, team members keep access to their own files and folders.

More information
Additionally, once a team disbands, the following occurs:
- The team structure is deleted
- Shared folders outside of team space keep sharing relationships
- Any pending invites are deleted
- Suspended users are deleted
- Shared links to team-owned content break; links for shared folders/files do not
- Team content created by deleted team members is lost permanently
- Archived folders are deleted
Hopefully my message answers all your questions & please do let me know if you have further inquiries or in case you need further assistance in any way Petras! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

anonymous
Not applicable
Will I be given a grace period (like a failed payment) before it goes to a locked state?

anonymous
Not applicable
Can you have another member who was not in a trial invite you again with the same email after it expires?

Dropboxer

@anonymous wrote:
Will I be given a grace period (like a failed payment) before it goes to a locked state?
Kindly note that it’s no longer required to fill in any payment info when trialing our Business plans @anonymous, so if you don’t upgrade the account yourself, your team will end up in locked state when your trial period expires. 

Can you have another member who was not in a trial invite you again with the same email after it expires?
Assuming that you’ll disband the team once your trial finishes Petras, your account should revert back to the plan attached to your account before you created it. When this happens, essentially you'll just go back to where you’ve started from, so should be able to join a different team just normally. 

Please let me know if you have any additional inquiries & it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify matters for you. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

anonymous
Not applicable
Will I get an email before the triial ends?

Dropboxer
Happy Monday @anonymous! You should be able to see when you trial expires on the Billing tab on the admin console & on the banner at the top of your Dropbox account.

I hope this helps!

Jane

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

If I let my Dropbox Business trial expire, will it get into the locked state immediately?
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post