Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Incorrectly charged for 5 licenses and then can't talk to anyone about it!!

Dropboxer

@Elizabeth C.24 wrote:
I suspect you’re with Dropbox because why else would you be defending them so strongly.

I am a Dropbox employee, although to be fair, I am not part of a social media team. Just a QA guy that wants to help folks out where possible, and happens to understand the areas of managed accounts, billing, etc. As such, I also want to ensure that the areas that are pain points for our customers are brought to the attention of the teams I work with.  

Customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops to be seen or heard, and if I can make even tiny improvements to that, I consider it a win.  So I check the forums daily, helping where I can, file bugs against bad experiences, and call out the areas we can improve, because at the end of the day, that is what quality should be about. 

Dropboxer

@Dubs wrote:
Wouldn't be so devastating if Dropbox didn't force you to buy 3+ licenses for the Business product. The only good thing about Business is the free trial.

With the new addition of Dropbox Professional, we have moved some of the key business features into a solo account that might be a better fit for folks.  Business truly is designed for that environment, teams of 3+ that need to have central team folders, etc.  

But we also recognized that individuals with small business, creatives with contracts, and a host of other folks that need more than just Dropbox Plus were not being served well with the choice of a Plus or Business, one end offering not quite enough power, the other end offering more than they needed.  So we tried to find a happy medium for our customers that needed that middle ground. 

Level 8
Gonna go off-topic for a sec to say that we didn't really ask for Professional, we just wanted to buy 1 license of Business. Professional does nothing about the glaring 1TB storage limit. It may be plenty for some, but definitely not enough for people like me. 5-10 years from now, it's still gonna be stuck at 1TB.. they are that stubborn. At every opportunity I get, whether it's a survey or a chatbox, I always put in a request for more storage. Years have passed, and Dropbox has yet to answer me.

Dropboxer

@Dubs wrote:
Gonna go off-topic for a sec to say that we didn't really ask for Professional, we just wanted to buy 1 license of Business. Professional does nothing about the glaring 1TB storage limit. It may be plenty for some, but definitely not enough for people like me. 5-10 years from now, it's still gonna be stuck at 1TB.. they are that stubborn. At every opportunity I get, whether it's a survey or a chatbox, I always put in a request for more storage. Years have passed, and Dropbox has yet to answer me.

This is great feedback to get, and something I can pass on, that there is a need for greater than 1TB accounts for individuals (And it was something that was offered in the past, offering 2TB and 5TB in some markets)  

What amount of space would you project as being needed over time?  I am more than happy to collect data like this and present it to the teams that work in this area...  I've had a couple people suggest that re-introducing a 2TB account would suffice, while others suggested other options, such as creating 'space packs' that customers could purchase to add additional space to accounts.  Like I said, I am more than happy to take notes, and share with the appropriate teams so they can get a sense of what folks are looking for. 

Level 8
There will come a time when 2TB is no longer enough either, so I would offer up as many alternative sizes, tiers or 'storage packs' as they are able to now. An unlimited option wouldn't hurt either slightly smiling face

tb4 Level 2
Level 2

We have the same issue and currently have the cc company working on it and am curious what it might take to start a class action lawsuit about this because apparently many people have been affected by this scam.  

Super User II
There is no scam though - people just are not reading tb4.

You are told throughout the sales process that this will happen and again at the end. In fact it shows you what your charges will be when you press purchase.

If you want to see it yourself, again, go to www.dropbox.com/business in an incognito window and follow it through.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

@Dubs wrote:

As a quick update:  Professional is now a 2TB plan, with existing Professional accounts getting updated to the new space in waves, and new purchases of Professional starting with the 2TB update. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Incorrectly charged for 5 licenses and then can't talk to anyone about it!!
27 Replies
10 Likes
Solved! : See solution