Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Instructions to cancel Dropbox Plus Trial (iOS) are incorrect

New member | Level 2

I want to cancel my Dropbox Plus (iOS) test so that my account reverts to free personal mode, also preventing the trial version from automatically expanding to a Dropbox Plus account and charging me money.

However I can´t follow the instructions in the help section, they lead me to a different screen with no  cancel button. I´ve seen this same problem in other posts but the solutions don´t work either.

I´m using iOS 12.1 on iPhoneX, and macOS 10.4 on iMac Retina 5K. I´m not sure f it´s relevant where or how I opted for the trial. For the name on ithe account ("Dropbox Plus Test (iOS)") it seems it was in the iOS app, but maybe it was in the macOS desktop app. Almost definitely not in the drobox webpage. 

In the information of my account in dropbox.com it indicates:
Dropbox Plus Test (iOS)
The trial version will be automatically extended to a Dropbox Plus account within 21 days.
More information on how to manage your subscription to the Apple App Store

But by following the instructions on this link, I come to this screen in the preferences of my iphone, which does not offer the option to cancel the subscription:

IphoneX_iOS12.1.jpg

The same thing happens if I access the iTunes app through the computer: there´s no cancel button

MacOS 10.4.jpg

What am I supposed to do now?

I sent an email to Dropbox support.

Thanks

1 Reply

Re: Instructions to cancel Dropbox Plus Trial (iOS) are incorrect

Dropboxer
Hey there @zakwerfv, thanks a Iot for your detailed report & the screenshots, let me further clarify matters in a bit more detail below!

It would be worth mentioning that when you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your phone, your subscription is administered by the app store platform, not by Dropbox. If you’d like to change the payment details within iTunes, you may have a look at this resource. 

Should you face any difficulties following the steps on the article I linked above or just in case you’d like to confirm the subscription cancellation in iTunes, you may get in touch with the apple team & let them know of any follow-up inquiries you may have. 

Hopefully this addresses your initial inquiry, though please do let me know here in case you have any questions about any of the above. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Instructions to cancel Dropbox Plus Trial (iOS) are incorrect
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post