Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Your plan was just upgraded and price is up 54%- sucker!

Level 5

The price of Dropbox Plus is changing to AU$167.88/year (plus any applicable taxes) on 25 June 2020.

This all-new plan has more space and new premium features – all for just AU$58.88 more a year.

Quite frankly this is bordering on criminal. I have 2 weeks to canel, find an alternative and delete this bull**bleep**!!

Re: Your plan was just upgraded and price is up 54%- sucker!

Dropboxer

Thanks for your elaborate feedback on this @Daz2 - I'll make sure that the team are aware of your comments.

Note that I moved your post under this thread to keep things neat around our Community and have all the relevant feedback under the same place for visibility. 

Feel free to take a look at previous responses and if you have anything to add or ask, please let us know.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

Level 6

I found out tonight when I was checking a LANsync and saw the option to online sync. Then I noticed the 2TB. Then I went to the help and found out my iTunes annual bill of $139.99 would be going up to $184.99(save17dizzy face *@!???

I have been using Dropbox so long and seen so many things taken off us, such as Carousel leaving iOS with no albums. Then the ability to hide a folder from the photos view was taken away. Mailbox was dropped as well. Come to think of it DropBox is the perfect name for a "service" that drops things.

All I ever wanted was to have a safe place for my photos, not share, not paper, not team. Well this is the last straw and I will find somewhere else to put my 1.8% of 2054.2GB. 

I was also pretty unhappy about having to remove encryptfs from my Linux and be stuck on ext4 just to satisfy what I consider to be institutionalized laziness.

I don't want offline access; With the pathetic internet available to the proletariat in Australia, offline access is a nonsense! So now reduced to three devices with my 6.25GB earned - until you take that away too!

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

Level 6
I still suggest a smaller offer, for home users, about 256 or 512gb, with no additional devices, we don't care about papers band stuff, maybe just a folder to share temporarily...
Those are hard times and I'm really bored to waste money for services that I didn't use
Highlighted

Level 6

I'm Thinking OneDrive may be better anyhow. Look at the CPU usage between DB and OD. (and this is on a i7-7700.

The DB Sync was deleting files that I transfered to OD which is in the process of updating and uploading.

Level 7

@MaxPs 

I disagree with the 'additional devices' - just because I am a home user doesn't mean i don't have multiple devices (desktop/laptop/phones etc). If they did that, that would make the situation even worse for me winking face

I think (possibly 500GB) or preferably a 1TB plan would be ideal.

Level 6
I was meaning that there is a lot of space to create a lower price offer. Instead of giving to us 2TB.
Anyway I think non but us are reding this post. 🙄

Re: Dropbox thinks it's Netflix, and it might be right...

Level 2
Personally I do not mind the upgrade, I can both afford it and use the space.

However, I also can see your point.

In your case, do to the fact you are a existing customer BEFORE there change in plan offer. You should be granted what is called a Grandfather clause option.

This is how people in the city or county still have wells on there land or there own septic tanks and are not required by law to pipe into the Cities water/waste water systems at anywhere from $10K-$150K to remove there septic tanks, fill there wells and dig, and pipe into the cities access point. Including buying the Meters so they can bill you monthly for the service.

But if you owned the Property, and meet certain conditions then you can be Grandfathered under the Old County/City ordinance and not be required to fork over this expense.

I feel that Companies that alter there services also should offer a clause when they change there service fees, unless it is a normal increase based on inflation, where there costs go up, so must ours.

But in this case, it was a change in services offered, where they arbitrarily doubled there service provided and billed you additional fees for that upgrade you did not request, want or need.

Plus by NOT offering you a similar clause as the Grandfather Clause, they are ONLY giving you two options, pay for the extra's or close your account and LOSE all of your stored data..........

Sorry, but that is illegal.

I know corporations have lawyers that will drag the case out for months, but if you actually get a case like this before a civil jury, I am 100% confident that they, as well as a Magistrate would rule as I have outlined above.

I truly hope that someone in the company reads this and works things out with you in a much better arrangement.

Sincerely AlbertL

Re: Dropbox thinks it's Netflix, and it might be right...

Level 5

I suggest any other paid customers who are unhappy about this submit a complaint via the support form. You may be offered a discount for next year. This only delays the issue as far as I am concerned but still, it is worth considering.

Re: Your plan was just upgraded and price is up 54%- sucker!

Level 2

See my post below, and take that point of view to your next board meeting please.

I am interested to see, read what the board thinks of how I compared this situation to City ordinances and zoning changes.

I know it is not established Law, but I feel it would be a fair salutation under the circumstances.

Sincerely AlbertL
Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?
186 Replies
333 Likes