Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

It says my account is full but I've deleted all my photos?

New member | Level 2

I get a message that dropbox is full but I have deleted all my jpg files. When will dropbox give me back my space so I can add new files?

6 Replies

Re: Dropbox is full

Super User II

Space is reclaimed as soon as files are deleted. If your Dropbox remains full after deleting files, you're either not deleting enough or you may be a member of a shared folder that just keeps refilling your storage quota. Look on your Account page and it will show you a breakdown of the space that you're using. If you're a member of a shared folder, you can leave the share (termporarily or permanently) on the Sharing page.

Explorer | Level 3
Nope. Doesn't work like that. I deleted photos (yes, enough in spite what is said here!) My Dropbox cost 342 mb when fuller, now it's almost tripled to 893 mb's. That must be a Dropbox error, not my phone ir anything! What do i do now?

Dropboxer
Hey there @jaycee,

Can you let us know a little more info here such as where you were deleting the files from? Either online, via the desktop folder or on your mobile device. Can you also check your plans page and let me know if your account is showing as full there?

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I have the exact same issue - dropbox space never seems to get any smaller! Starting to think its a conspiracy to get me to keep purchasing more storage!

New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I've deleted everything except the files I'm trying to upload (that only total 9mg). I've removed myself from all shared folders. It is still telling me my account is full. Can you please advise?

Dropboxer
Hey there @ChristenP,

Can you please check your Plans page here to see the amount of space taken in your Dropbox account. To help pinpoint where a large chunk of your data is located, you can calculate the size of a folder when viewing your files from the website.

Also, please let me know where you see the notification that your Dropbox account is full along with a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info)? 

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

It says my account is full but I've deleted all my photos?
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post