Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Leave free team - account question

New member | Level 2

Sorry my situation is a little bit complex....

I used to have a dropbox personal account (A) but then accidentally joined a free team which means my account (A) becomes part of a team account. After noticing it, I connected a new personal account (B) to this team account (A). I then followed the instruction (https://help.dropbox.com/business/account-deleted-from-team) to leave the free team, my team account (A) becomes a personal account instead of all the files moving to the connected personal account (B)  --- wondering why this happens?

And also want to double check - no one (including team admins & team members) should be able to access files in either my account A (now becomes personal account) and account B (another personal account), correct?

Thank you!!

2 Replies

Re: Leave free team - account question

Super User II

@seven77 wrote:

my team account (A) becomes a personal account instead of all the files moving to the connected personal account (B)  --- wondering why this happens?

You were likely signed-in with your A account when you left the team, so it was that account that was converted back to a Personal account.

no one (including team admins & team members) should be able to access files in either my account A (now becomes personal account) and account B (another personal account), correct?

If it's not in the team folder or not explicitly shared with them, they can't access it.

Re: Leave free team - account question

New member | Level 2

This is super helpful, thank you so much!

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Leave free team - account question
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post