cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade account

Lying email. Why do you say I have no space when I do?

Fullbore
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using 2.81 GB of 6.75 GB so why did dropbox send this email-

This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features.

72 Replies 72

FK3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Ross - I too got alarmed when a similar message arrived in my Inbox. Glad to know that you have isolated the problem (and that it wasn't a covert attempt to sell more space to the users :wink:

And that a fix is being worked on. 

Kind regards

FK3

Gunso
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Mark_UK wrote:

@Gunso The cause of these emails was solved several hours ago, click "Solved! Go to solution", this link is clearly displayed throughout this topic

The message that I replied to that had not yet been merged into this thread with the answer when I hit reply.  Had I not read the community a bit more, I would have closed my account already.  I bet there are many others that received the email and simply said to themselves "well, if 45% usage is too much, I'm leaving" without looking into it further.  There hasn't been a retraction email sent out, so Dropbox shouldn't consider the issue resolved.

mark130
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same message and am using 47.5 % of 4.2GB. I am very confused.

Nalle48
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, Last week I got this message from you;

"This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features."

But I have at least 50% free space! How come?

Regards

//Bjorn

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hello @Nalle48, I have moved your post to this thread. You may have look at this explanation.  

Nalle48
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer and the explanation. But wouldn´t it be a good idea to contact those who got the misleading message?

MsJinnifer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Nalle48 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer and the explanation. But wouldn´t it be a good idea to contact those who got the misleading message?

Agreed! Not everyone does forums. Unless, of course, Dropbox prefers to let all the recipients who have not seen this discussion remain in the dark and feel forced to upgrade? :unamused:

DavidC3
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I received a similar email Thursday. How can I be certain I do not need to upgrade? Thank you.

cossadonne
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just open and look at your account, it tells you how much space is left!

JudyAZ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a personal account that has used only 4.19 of 8.25 available GB (3.23 GB regular files and 0.96 GB shared files). But I have received an email from Dropbox that says: "This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features." What's going on?

Need more support?