Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Device limit

Level 6

Is there a device limit on paid accounts?

Re: March 2019 device limit policy

Level 6

I understand why they are adding the restrictions, because they want to convert free customers to paying customers, which again makes sense, because they have to pay the bills.

But the cheapest plan is simply to expensive compared to the competition. I wouldn't mind paying 2$ for 100GB, like with Google One, but 10$ for 1TB, which I don't need at all, is simply to much.

I guess this is the end of me using Dropbox, if they are not going to add more competive plans.

Re: Device limit

Super User

Hello jezza1505

Thanks for reaching out to us, no there is no limit on how many devices can be linked to your Dropbox account.

Have a good day

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 6

Nice Dropbox. Now they are starting to censor posts, where people show their concern.

My post was removed with no information at all, just gone. Yeah you are defienlyt not seing me a customer now!.

Super User

Hi  Hoder J

can you tell me the date of the post you posted that you claim that was deleted. I have access to admin console that can tell me info.    Thanks and sorry for this.

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 5

So, if was to upgrade to plus, would this be unlimited devices?

Or would professional be needed for this?

Thanks

Highlighted

Super User

Sorry guys, I have been away from Dropbox for too long, apparently they changed alot

Sorry Basic accounts, you can link only 3 devices.

https://help.dropbox.com/account/computer-limit

@Shannon90

thats a good question,  The help article just says more than 3.  Might suggest creating a support ticket on this if no official statement is made here.

Level 5

Thanks @Chris_J Plus will suffice for what i need in terms of storage and support etc, but i'm reluctant to upgrade if there is a maximum device limit on plus

Dropboxer

Sorry to butt in; just wanted to add my two cents here.

There won't be a limit to how many devices you can link to your account when on the Dropbox Plus plan Shannon. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Super User II

@Hoder J. wrote:

Nice Dropbox. Now they are starting to censor posts, where people show their concern.

My post was removed with no information at all, just gone. Yeah you are defienlyt not seing me a customer now!.

Your post wasn't censored. It was automatically flagged for spam. I've released it from the spam quarantine.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

March 2019 device limit policy
415 Replies
922 Likes
Solved! : See solution