Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Move subscription from iOS to directly through Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have started a Dropbox subscription through iTunes, but now would prefer to pay for it directly through the Dropbox website. However, when I go to the "Plan" or "Billing" pages, they mention that I have started my subscriptions on iTunes and suggest links on how to manage them. That is not of my interest, I would like to try the plans available here on Dropbox directly. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
10 Replies

Re: Move subscription from iOS to directly through Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey @MPAF, that’s happening just because you should initially cancel your renewal & then re-upgrade to your preferred plan through our website anew. You can follow the steps relayed on the resources I linked above & feel free to consider this discussion a direct point of contact with me should you have further inquiries about the switch. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane.

I just cancelled my subscription through iOS, but I still can't update to a credit card on dropbox.com. Does it take some time to register the cancelation, or isn't it possible to ad new billing informtation before the iOS payed subscription has fully run out? 

If tha latter is the case, what happens to all my files from my 2TB Plus account if it reverts to a free account, before I can select the plan through dropbox.com?

Thank you

Highlighted

Super User II

Hi @Blondmoeller 

You need to wait for the subscription to expire. Dont panic though you will get an email to say the upgrade failed and once that happens do it via the website. You wont lose the files - everything will be safe.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hey @Blondmoeller, thanks for the nudge here & apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch with you. I’m merely pinging you back to ask you if you have any update on this matter; have you managed to resolve your concern since you posted us by any chance? Have you confirmed the cancellation through iTunes incidentally? I’ll be following-up on this discussion, so please do let us know of any progress & we’ll take it from there!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane.

Well, the subscription is still active in App Store, and will be untill it runs out on August 9th. But Mark answered that I have to wait until it the iOS subscription runs out, and then update my payment info. So I marked the date on a post-it, and will await that date. As long as I know my files are safe, I'm happy! 

Dropboxer
Ah, glad to hear that you managed to clarify that & thanks for looping back to me to let me know of the progress @Blondmoeller. We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future, so don't hesitate to ping us here. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & take care until we talk again! 

Jane

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jane 

Now my subscription has run out from iOS, but I'm still not able to enter my credit card details on the dropbox site. It states that it is still controlled through iOS. The subscription has ended from iOS. What to do from here?Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 16.11.20.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-12 at 16.11.20.png

Dropboxer

Hmmm… 🤔 Thanks for the screenshot @Blondmoeller; a picture is always worth a thousand words! Have you by any chance contacted the Apple Support team, as there may have been a delay in processing the cancellation on their end? Please let me know of the outcome if possible & I’ll reach out to you directly if needed. Thanks again for keeping in touch with me! 

Jane

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jane

I've spoken with Apple support, and as such there was nothing they could do and they reffered me to Dropbox support. If you couldn't help me, I should call back to them again, but it's a bit tirering and I really just want to get this fixed. I would appriciate if you would reach out directly. I need my dropbox working for my new business, and even a couple of days without the 2TB of space will be a problem for me, so I hope we can get this solves as soon as possible. 

Thank you.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Move subscription from iOS to directly through Dropbox
10 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution