Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Multiple dropbox business accounts...

New member | Level 2

- I work at Company A during the day, which has a dropbox business account
- I also had a personal dropbox plus account, which was linked at both work and at home. no problem.
I am also involved in some sidework, "Company B" who just recently made a dropbox business acount as well as we've been discussing the best way to share files. I love dropbox so I'd like to stick with it...

My plan was to "upgrade" my personal account to the new Company B dropbox, but i've come to find out that I cannot have two business acounts linked to a single computer (without some trickery, which i don't have permission to do on my work computer, not to mention it's a hassle) Furthermore, the invite was sent to the same email that was used for my personal dropbox. So for now it's on hold until I can get my admin to release/change to individual dropbox account. 

So, my new plan is to leave Company B's team dropbox account, and upgrade my personal plan to the 'professional' plan so i have the needed space, and share a big working folder with Company B's team. It ends up costing me a bit more money, but is that feasible to do? or can anyone point out any flaws in my theory? Sorry but it's difficult to determine based on the info provided through the website and help pages.

I'm also curious why it is limited to a single dropbox for business account? Surely i'm not alone in dealing with multiple business accounts?

Thanks for your time. 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Multiple dropbox business accounts...

Super User II

Your plan to upgrade your personal account and share a folder with the second team should work just fine. The business will be able to share a folder with someone outside of their team.

New member | Level 2
Outgoing and incomeing caiis don't work

New member | Level 2

Isn't that a pretty bad solution if you want to benefit from the features of a business account? Why isn't it possible to have multiple business accounts associated - just like it is with Onedrive for Busines?

// thomas

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Multiple dropbox business accounts...
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution