Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

My Dropbox account was hacked and the password changed, how can I regain access?

Level 2

Hi, I recently had my Dropbox account hacked and they've changed my password so I can no longer log in. Is there a way to recover this account? I've contacted Dropbox support, spoken to two Dropbox employees and it has been back and forth for nearly two weeks now. I've been asked to supply answers to the below questions. I have responded but was unsure of 3 answers and have been asked to 'have another look' and answer again.. Not helpful and very frustrating. Can anyone help?! I'm very doubtful that many people would even know all those answers in the first place.

What is the email for the account you are trying to access?
What is the full name on the account?
When did you create the account?
What city are you currently in?
What city were you in when you last successfully logged into Dropbox?
What is the name of a file that you have recently uploaded to Dropbox?
What is the name of any person with whom you share a folder and what is the name of that shared folder?
What is the name of any linked computer?

2 Replies

Re: Recovering account

Level 14

Hi @Erika482,

If You have control on Your e-mail address/box still, could may be still possible to reset the password throughout the link "Forgot your password?". Didn't You try this?

Re: Recovering account

Level 2

Hi, yes certainly. It comes up with an error that my account is 'disabled'.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My Dropbox account was hacked and the password changed, how can I regain access?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post