Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

My earned storage has been reduced and files have been deleted, what can I do?

New member | Level 2

Hi Emma,

My name is

Scot [personal info removed as per Community Guidelines], and I'm one of your company's original users. Back then, I managed to earn 15 or 20 GB of FREE STORAGE... simply by getting users to give your service a try and spread the word. Back then, your service was revolutionary! Cutting Edge.

Today, Your company is reneging on its promise to provide me free storage for life, and have begun to delete my files and stored software programs. 

I'm trying desperately hard to first off understand why youre doing all of this, and secondly to recover all of my files and programs put them on my 2 TB external drive and get the hell out of Dropbox. Afterall, who wants to hang out somewhere youre not wanted or the knowledge youve obtained over the years... isn't relevant any longer. Nothing like being thrown out with yesterdays bath water. 

I would appreciate an opportunity to download my files put them on my external hard drive, and be on my way. I don't wish to stink up such a fine establishment as yours. If you can help me out here, or direct me to where I can get help with this undertaking, I'd be obliged.

Regards - Scot [personal info removed as per Community Guidelines] 

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: My earned storage has been reduced and files have been deleted, what can I do?

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having @Stuman!

If you have earned extra space for your account through referrals for example, then this storage doesn't expire as you mentioned. You should be able to see all the storage you've earned from your Plans page here.

Also, in terms of the deletions you mentioned, even if you are over your space limit Dropbox won't delete or remove any of your files and only syncing will be paused. You should still have full access to view and download entire folders via the web interface with the steps outlined here, as well as individual files.

To have a look into this further with you we would need to continue through our Support channel due to the sensitive info we would need to discuss. I was able to locate the open ticket you have with our Support team and I've followed up there so please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can go from there.

I'll look forward to hearing from you - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My earned storage has been reduced and files have been deleted, what can I do?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post