Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

My space expires, but can I use my account?

New member | Level 1

I received an email which says that my dropbox basic expires on 16.01.2016, I am just 280MB can continue to use normally dropbox? Thank you

6 Replies

Re: storage space

Dropboxer

Hi Giorgio, 

If your space is reduced you can of course continue using Dropbox. 

If your account is over quota at the time of the expiration of the additional space, syncing will stop and you won't be able to add new files until you upgrade again or bring the account under quota. 

Hope that helps!

New member | Level 2

I would like to upgrade but1 tb is far to much for my needs - Would I be able to be quoted for a 500gb account?

Super User II

Would I be able to be quoted for a 500gb account?

No. Dropbox offers no plans smaller than 1TB. They have trialed smaller plans many times in the past and found that they lose money on them.

New member | Level 2

That really is a shame for the basic home user - Thank you for your reply

Super User II

Remember that Dropbox has increased the storage capacity several times over the years, without ever increasing the cost. A Pro account used to be 50GB, then 100GB before being upgraded to the 1TB that it is today. After each upgrade the cost has remained $9.99/month or $99/year.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I do agree that Dropbox offers a very good service and I would recommend them to anybody,

I have used them for about 10 years, which is why I would rather give Dropbox my money than Goggle/Onedrive

500gb is more than enough for my usage - I have a total backup need of 35gb

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My space expires, but can I use my account?
6 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey