Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

My work account randomly unlinks

Level 2

I will be working on my iMac perfectly normally, then all of a sudden I will notice my Dropbox account is syncing a large amount of files. When I then check my dashboard from the menu bar I will see it has randomly unlinked my work account and I need to link it again.

This means I then have to re-sync the 100,000+ files each time this happens. Currently 1–2 times a day.

Any solutions?

4 Replies

Re: My work account randomly unlinks

Dropboxer
Hi there @willutile, sorry to hear that. 

As a first step, could you please elaborate a bit on this so as to have a better understanding of the behavior you’re experiencing? For example:
  • When you mention that your work account is unlinked, is the desktop app still running on your computer? Do you see the Dropbox icon on your system tray or menu bar?
  • When it unlinks you, does it prompt you to log back in by any chance?
  • Do you see any error messages in the meantime?
Any additional info would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Lusil,

In response to your questions:

1. The desktop app continues to run. I see the app appear in my menu bar and notice that it begins syncing a lot of files again. It appears to do this to both my personal and work accounts, however the work account becomes 'unlinked' whilst my personal stays linked.

2. When it unlinks it does not prompt me to log back in through any popup. I click the DB icon in my menu bar and it says "Link your work Dropbox now"

3. I do not see any error messages.

I also notice that when this issue happens random conflicted copies begin to appear in my account for files that I have not opened for a very long time.

Thanks

Dropboxer
Thanks for your swift reply, @willutile

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate this. Please have a look at your inbox for my most recent message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Dropboxer

Hey @willutile, I’d like to touch-base with you here on any progress made on your end. Have you managed to resolve your concern after your discussion with Lusil? 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My work account randomly unlinks
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post