Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Dropbox for Business trial renewal wasn't canceled. Can I get a refund?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I had started my trial on Jun 23, which expired on Jun 1st and got upgraded. Is there any way I can receive a refund? It would be very helpful as the bill says 750$ and I have not used a single day services. Please do help!

Re: Refund

Dropboxer
Hey ivy2, let me follow-up on your payment-specific request more closely & clarify what may have happened as much as I can below!

For starters, the behavior you’ve been describing sounds unexpected, as I haven’t previously seen a renewal taking place prior to the 30-day interval. Have you by any chance upgraded before your trial expired? 

Following, as we can only look into subscription-related inquiries through our Official Support channel, since we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum, I’ve made sure to create a Support Request on our system on your behalf. This way, we’ll focus on the issue in question based on the info I have on my tools for your account & move forward together. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next email. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Cancellation

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I was unaware of an automatic charge made at the end of the free trial.

I cancelled the subscription as soon as I saw it. When I cancelled, I did see the message where it stated "your plan will end immediatley and you will be refunded the remaining difference". How can I check this, i tried contacting through different methods but I received no reply.

My account was immediately downgraded, does this mean I will get a refund?

Please help, I cant afford the 750 usd charge.

Re: Cancellation

Super User II
As this is an account specific enquiry you need to contact support. Replies, however, do take time.

You can do that via www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Cancellation

Dropboxer

Hey there @JulianGerard - sorry to hear about this.

Based on the message you received when doing this, I imagine that you have already received a refund. If you'd like me to look into this internally, please let me know a ticket ID - supposing that you followed Mark's suggestions to log one with our team - and we'll take it from there, if needed that is.

Thank you in advance for your reply Julian.

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Re: I'd like a refund for an accidental charge for a Dropbox Business account.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jane. Thanks reply to me. But this problem is not solving. Manager of my promblem is not answer me. I want to talk the manager again

Dropboxer
Hey devkihyun, I can see that my colleague has indeed replied to you on your open ticket as of earlier today within the day. Maybe our messages are being hooked up by a spam filter on your inbox by any chance? Have you received their latest email? 

As we can only troubleshoot account-specific sensitive billing billing matters via our Official Support channel for security reasons, please include all your inquiries on your email correspondence & my colleague will make sure to answer your questions as promptly as possible. 

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon & we’re always here in case you have you need further assistance. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your day! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Super User II
For info if you are not receiving emails you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

How can I get refund for an accidental charge for a Dropbox Business account.

New member | Level 2

At first I just saw dropbox business and I registered for free 30 days. But I don't know I will pay 750$ for whole year. I am just a student. It is too much for me and the money was for school life. I cancalled the plan today and I wonder can I get refund? Please help me and thank you so much!!!crying facecrying facecrying face

Re: How can I get refund for an accidental charge for a Dropbox Business account.

Dropboxer

Hey there @amelialyu - thanks for trying out Dropbox and sorry to hear about this.

As I understand the urgency of this matter, I found your ticket on our system and replied to you there with more account specific information. Check your inbox at your earliest convenience for my reply and get back to me there please!

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day ahead!

Walter

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Need a refund for an accidental charge
143 Replies
22 Likes
Solved! : See solution