Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Need a refund for an accidental charge

New member | Level 1

I accidentally upgraded to Business Pro, and I immediately cancelled the plan.  But I still got charged for $99 without any refund. 

I was trying to contact dropbox.  I can't find a customer services phone number or email to contact dropbox. 

Please help.

143 Replies

Dropbox for Business Refund

New member | Level 1

My Dropbox for Business trial ended yesterday, and after being charged on my credit card, I canceled it. It got barely a day of use. I already deleted all the files that I uploaded when the trial started. What is the refund policy for DB for business? Am I eligible for a full refund, since the trial ended less than a day ago?

Re: Dropbox for Business Refund

Super User II

believe refunds are only available for 24 hours after purchase. Therefore you need to contact support NOW to ask for a refund as per T&C's. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

Depends on your country, ours has a 28 day cool off for anything over the inet.

Super User II

The UK has a 14 day one as well, but, it does not apply to Business purchases. 

Obviously not sure about the Oz/NZ sider though 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Ours is different also for personal and businesses, however that's who purchases not what is purchased, companies have run foul of that already here, saying they only sell to business, and then having to refund anyway when they cant show the person buying was a business.

Highlighted

Re: I want a refund

Super User alumni

https://www.dropbox.com/support Is the official contact method, as email offers no real tracking ability of correspondence. 

Please include a link to this topic so they can close it once your ticket has been answered etc. 

Super User II

Also, please note that as per the T&C's you've agreed to refunds are not offered unless they legally have to. 

Dropboxer

Hi André, 

We don't provide refunds for Dropbox for Business accounts. This is outlined in our Terms of Service. 

New member | Level 1

£660 was deducted from my account and I have no idea why????

I can't seem to talk to anyone - there is no contact number

This is really upsetting

I would appreciate someone from Dropbox to get in contact with me

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Need a refund for an accidental charge
143 Replies
22 Likes
Solved! : See solution