Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Refund

Dropboxer
Hey CarrieBond, I’ve been able to locate your ticket on our system & I can see that the payment-specific issue you were experiencing should now be resolved for you, therefore, if you don’t mind, I’ll mark this thread as Solved for the time being. 

Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here in case you experience any issues in the future & we’ll do our best to check back with you. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Cancel Business subscription - very urgent

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know @Nora84

I have replied to your email just now, so kindly check your inbox for my update on this matter Nora. 

I hope it helps. 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Re: Dropbox Business Cancel and Refund - urgent

Explorer | Level 3

I am having a similar problem. I tried to upgrade from free account to a small paid account and clicked the wrong entry. I was just charged $1,200! I can't afford this and have submitted a ticket - all of this done within 30 minutes of the initial action. Please help me get this cleared up immediately! I simply do not have a need for this large account and am distressed by this business practice to charge me immediately. The link that I read said the cost was about $200. I had no idea I would be charged $1,200.  If anyone can help, I would certainly appreciate it. 

Dropboxer

Hey there @lkgarcia,

First off, let me start by expressing my deepest sympathies for this cumbersome situation. I understand it has caused a lot of distress and I want to clear this up a bit, if you don't mind that is.

I ran a little a search in our system and found your support ticket as well. I can see that a colleague of mine has already provided you with an update there so the best way would be to get back to them directly. In any case, let me give you some more context about what you described now. 

Kindly bear in mind that your credit card was charged because the Dropbox for Business plan's trial you signed up for automatically upgraded at the end of your free month of service - all Dropbox subscriptions are by default on auto - renewal until you choose to cancel them.

In general you have the option to cancel your account during the whole trial month. On the trial registration page, where we ask you to provide your billing information, we specify the date when your trial ends and when your credit card will be charged.

Currently the smallest Dropbox Business plan is for 3 users while you seem to have signed up for 5 licenses/users on the Advanced plan as shown in the screenshot below. I attached this so you can have a clear visual of this as well.

Screenshot 2018-06-14 at 8.56.26 AM.png

I hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Cheers! 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

So, it did not automatically charge my card as part of a renewal or anything like that. This all happened over the period of one hour. During that hour I CANCELED my upgrade due to the large charge. I still need help fixing this issue. All I want is the $99 package upgrade from the freemium plan. I don't need, nor can I use a $1,200 plan, which I can not afford. 

I am still awaiting word on this and help to clear it all up. I want to buy Dropbox. I just don't need such a large package. 

Super User II
Have you logged your ticket?

You can track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com - sadly nobody here can help as its an account issue.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hey there @lkgarcia - how are you today?

Have you checked your inbox lately? I can see in our system that an agent has already replied to you there. If you haven't received it yet, kindly check your spam folder too. 

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything I can do from my end to help with this. 

Cheers!

Walter

Need a refund for an accidental charge

Explorer | Level 3

I did not know that I was using a business account. Today I paid $ 1200. I am just a student. It would be too harsh for me to pay the five-year amount and 5 licenses. The money was money for the school life, and it was all the money. I made a request for a refund by chat support, but chat was thrown down as my account was downgraded. I wonder if I have been given a refund. Please save me.

Tags (1)

Re: I want to refund

Dropboxer
Hey there @southh

As you mention that you've already contacted our team, due to account-specific and sensitive info that’s required, I’d kindly recommend that troubleshooting continues via email. Rest assured that they will do their best to assist you.

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 

Re: I'd like a refund for an accidental charge for a Dropbox Business account.

Dropboxer
Hey devkihyun, I’ve been able to locate your ticket on our system & I can see that the payment-specific issue you were experiencing should now be resolved for you, therefore if you don’t mind, I’ll close this thread for the time being. 

Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here in case you experience you have any more Dropbox-specific questions & we’ll do our best to check back with you. Enjoy the rest of your day! slightly smiling face

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Need a refund for an accidental charge
143 Replies
22 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post