cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a refund of a yearly plan to change it to monthly

Need a refund of a yearly plan to change it to monthly

Wouter0301
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription in stead of a monthly subscription. I live in the European Union, therefore I can get a refund. How do I go about it and what information would I need to share?

31 Replies 31

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Savilion wrote:

$300 charge to MY ROOM mates paypal (no idea how that happened). No recipts or invoices in my billing section(or my roommates) , no notifications . I use the app for the majority of the time so I didnt even know I had a business account , CLEARLY didnt set it up because its still on the "whats your company name " page . annnnnd Dropbox refuses to give me my money back .

I don't own a business , I m struggling as it is .  I feel like I m being bullied by a corperation . Not cool

I would have stayed with dropbox for another 20 years if they just would have give me back my money...sad

Dropbox Business does not send invoices or billing emails, as they are added to the Billing section of the Teams Admin area, as it is expected that a business admin would manage those services.  It appears that the Business account began as a trial, and I see that the last payment has been refunded.  Hope this helps, and if you have any other problems, please let me know!

Savilion
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
We still have 2 months of service that haven’t been refunded . I have proof that I didn’t even use the service with the “what is your company name” screen shot

SLINK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks, Rich. I just did this but there was no indication that my "email" was sent. This company sucks. So many misdirections and hoops to jump through to get nowhere.

SLINK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks. I did receive an email verifying that my message was received by Dropbox Support.

PaulHope
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How did you do this? Im clicking and cannot find the releavant links

@furniturePMwrote:

It took a lot of clicking but I managed to find where to cancel my trial and request a refund. 

It was a lot easier than i thought and the $750 is back in my account. 

You really have to look for where to do this in your account settings. 

furniturePM
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I no longer have an account so I'm afraid I can't walk you through it. It took me about 15-20 minutes to figure out where to find a request to cancel. Once I submitted the request it was effortless, I received a confirmation to cancel from Dropbox and the money was back in my account. I wish they made it easier to find the link but that is probably purposely designed. 

cheyenne
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
rob, please help me check for a refund. i don’t intend to use dropbox. i don’t understand dropbox either especially the business. i am just charged today and within this day an hour im asking for a refund. i am single mom of 2 kids and i can’t afford to waste a hefty 750. please please help me. i’m begging. i have no idea where to get my money for my kids this month. please.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You need to log a ticket as has been stated already.

You can do that at www.dropbox.com/support
You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cheyenne
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

mark help.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I cant I'm afraid. I'm not an employee.

You need to wait for Dropbox to reply which may take a few days. Sorry.

Note that logging multiple tickets wont speed things up, in fact it can simply slow it all down.

Hopefully @Rob_Cash will see it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rob_Cash Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    cheyenne Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?