Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Pay for multiple years in advance

Level 2

Can I prepay for several years of Dropbox Plus? My account expries in March 2018, but I'd like to pay for three years all at once.

Thanks,

H

6 Replies

Re: Pay for multiple years in advance

Super User

Hi! As far as I know you cannot pre pay consecutive years (in case of a yearly plan) for Dropbox subscription. More info: https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/cost 

Dropboxer

As noted, we currently don't have Dropbox set up for multiple payments, but you can watch for license keys, such as the yearly promo that Dell runs, and purchase and redeem multiple keys.  Once entered, they should chain off of each other until they are all consumed, so if you had 3 license keys, you could go 3 years on those alone. 

Level 3

I know this is a bit late - but a Dropbox agent just told me you *CAN* pay for several years at once. 

*EDIT* nevermind - the agent just backtracked and said 1 year is the max

Level 6
Could you elaborate further about license keys? Is Dell the only brand that does it?
I purchased a Samsung phone and got some extra space until it expired. Is that still the policy with dropbox and promo offers?
It has to be the most horrible marketing idea ever.

Thanks in advance!

Super User II
The promo offer expiry is based upon whatever the company setting up the promo wants (i.e. Samsung were only willing to pay for two years).

The Dell ones are full years one and are reduced slightly in price from $99pa but not dramatically.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

@GStar wrote:
Could you elaborate further about license keys? Is Dell the only brand that does it?
I purchased a Samsung phone and got some extra space until it expired. Is that still the policy with dropbox and promo offers?
It has to be the most horrible marketing idea ever.

Thanks in advance!

Dropbox has relationships with several companies, and as such, the offers will vary.  In reference to the Dell license keys, Dell has offered a reduced price on a 1 year subscription of Dropbox Plus near the Xmas holiday season for a few years now, and we find that some customers will purchase multiple times, activating the licenses to ensure that they get multiple years of service in sequence.  

There may be other vendors that offer this as well, but I don't know of any active promotions at the moment. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Pay for multiple years in advance
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution