Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

Please i need to reactivate my account.

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Team,

Can you please help with reactivating my account, i just realised that it has been deactivated due to inactivaity. I do have a lot of school work information which i strored there and need to fall back on, also, my pictures..my personal pictures. Can you/ anyone urgently help please these are memories which i never want to loose.

16 Replies

Re: Please i need to reactivate my account.

Dropboxer

Hey there @toks - sorry to hear about this.

From what I understand, you're referring to an account that was inactive for over a year - right?

As the best way to handle account specific inquiries is through our Official Channels, I'd suggest that you logged a ticket with our team and ask what can be done about this directly. 

Let me know the ticket ID if you like so I can find it and get on it asap. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the response Walter, i beleive this is the number #8804763

I would really appreciate any help to get all my stored data back please.

Dropboxer

Thanks for that @toks - I've already pinged a colleague from the appropriate department and they're reviewing your case (ticket with ID: 8804763) while we speak; you should be hearing from them shortly on your existing ticket.

From my end, I've passed your comments there and raised the priority internally. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with! 

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter,

I have not heard back from the team regarding reactivation of my account, i dont want to loose my stored information please.

Super User II

Hi @toks

At a guess that is probably because its not recoverable - this has previously been confirmed by Dropbox on here. A few days after the account is removed the data is deleted. This is because you are given at least three months worth of warnings that the account is going to be removed. 

Also, if you go to resign up to Dropbox with the same email and it IS recoverable you are given choice to do that. If it doesnt give you that option the account is lost.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark,

I only want access to my stored data, i need them urgently please. 

Super User II

I cant help - I dont work for Dropbox @toks

And as I said from what you've said it sounds like the account isnt recoverable. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4

ok mark,

I will wait to hear from them although this is starting to get frustrating, is there anyone from<removed> dropbox that can assist me please

Super User II

The support team will reply to the Zendesk ticket - account restorations go to a specific team and it can take time. 

@Walter or @Jane may be able to see if its allocated yet, but, that wont be over the weekend. Support only work Monday through Friday

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Please i need to reactivate my account.
16 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post